Temple’s Sugar Camp, like the majestic barns of early settlers, is crafted in the “Timber Frame” or “Post and Beam” style. The building is considered to be one of the finest examples of Timber frame architecture in the country. Giant pine beams are held in place by hand whittled dowels. There are cozy lofts at each end of the dining room and between them a dramatic vaulted ceiling. The effect is breath taking. The maple hardwood floors provide the perfect spot to dance the night away.
The large central fireplace is named after Count Charles Rumfort who developed this classic looking design in the 1700s. It is an open fireplace created for both heating one’s house and for cooking. A variety of pots could be hung along a rail, suspended over the open fire. Thomas Jefferson was an early proponent of the Rumfort fireplace. It remains one of the most efficient fireplaces ever designed but, for us, one of the greatest pleasures is the sound of the crackling fire that fills the building. The handcrafted stone fireplace and black cherry mantle provides a stunning backdrop for an intimate indoor ceremony - Available ~~November through February.
Our forest glade surrounded by perennial gardens is an ideal setting for anoutdoor ceremony. The grand arbour creates a perfect backdrop for an intimate ceremony. The gardens were recently redesigned with a combination of butterfly-attracting perennials and annuals in order to provide interest and colour at all times from May through to October. We use fresh cut flowers from our gardens for décor, and seasonal vegetables from our veggie patch in the menus. - Available ~~May through October.
Your facility rental fee includes:
- wedding coordination with an on site coordinator; you will be introduced to your coordinator 6 weeks prior to your event
- outdoor ceremony site includes pergola, white folding guest chairs, wooden signing table and chair
- indoor ceremony site includes working wood fireplace, guest chairs, signing table and chair
- the use of our tables, chairs, ivory linens, glassware, dishware, cutlery, slide show screen, wishing well lock box, wooden cupcake and cake stands, seasonal decor, licensed bar & all event staff
- use of facility, flower gardens, trails, bridges and grounds for photos
- on site seasonal decor (based on availability) – vases and jars for your centrepieces, square or round mirrors, wooden slabs to go beneath your centrepieces, wooden table numbers, votive candle holders, shepherds hooks, pails & easels
- table runners in eggplant or rustic burlap on every guest table (or you can provide your own linens)
- Family or Buffet style food service
- customized menu, time line and bar signage
- we preform all the set up and tear down of the facility
- fresh flowers & complimentary lavatory baskets in all washrooms
- complimentary coffee, tea and water for your guests for the duration of your event
- fully accessible & air conditioned
- ample free parking